Following ten years of US military service, I provided information technology support to organizations in government, scientific, and commercial communities. I served as a team member in a variety of missions, including a government intelligence agency’s document declassification program, maintenance and development of web portals on government networks, creating web-based language learning tools, and software development and database support to mortgage and science communities.
I worked several years at the University of Maryland University College art department as a Teaching Assistant. Two of my paintings are part of UMUC's art collection.
EducationM.A. Art Therapy, The George Washington University - 2017
B.A. Art, University of Maryland University College - 2001
- Merit Award at 32nd Annual Laurel Art Guild Juried Exhibition held at Montpelier Art Center, Laurel,MD, Sept 2000 for "Charles Bridge, Prague"
- Graphics, paintings, and drawings sold to numerous businesses and individuals
- Organized and showed in the Space Telescope Science Institute's OPO Staff Art Show, August-October 2002
- Held private reception and five month showing at 'Coffee with Friends' coffee shop in Odenton, MD resulting in 25% of artwork being sold to collectors
- Invited to become part of the University of Maryland, University College's permanent art collection.
- Invited to join the Maryland Department of States travelling art exhibit entitled "Landscape and Nature: a View from Maryland". (Resources: Washington Project for the Arts, UMUC Art Department Newsletter)